Thursday, March 15, 2012

Caucuses Are Tonight!

So I haven't placed a post on my blog for quite a while.  It's not that I don't have the time, but I'm just choosing not to.  I do need to pick up the pace more and share more of the interesting items that I see in our world every day!

Today is the Republican Causes in the state of Utah.  I am planning on going.  There is a very heated contention between 6-term incumbent Orin Hatch and challenger Dan Liljenquist for the Senate.  I went out to our vote.utah.gov webpage to verify the location of my Caucus this evening and received the following error:

DB Connection failed: SQLSTATE[00000] [1040] Too many connections
DB Connection failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

Most people would be upset with this error, but I was overjoyed!  This means that there are so many people looking for where their Caucus meetings are that the system is overwhelmed!  Maybe the attendance tonight will be such that the school gymnasium will overflow!

At any rate, borrowing from Wikipedia, "A caucus is a meeting of supporters or members of a political party or movement, especially in Canada and the United States. As the use of the term has been expanded, the exact definition has come to vary among political cultures."

I'm not going to bore you with the details of a Caucus,  but with what has been happening in the last four years in the State of Utah, I am very interested to see what happens tonight.  In 2008, Jason Chaffetz beat the incumbent, in 2010 Mike Lee beat incumbent Bob Bennett for a Senate Seat.  So this year will Dan Liljenquist beat Orin Hatch?

That's about all I have to say today.  Be Cool,

Bill

No comments: