Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weight

I have to admit that I am not a skinny, muscular person.  However, I find it interesting that some people will not gain weight, regardless of what they eat, while other people pack on the pounds just by smelling food.

I have noted, with interest, three people I have known for quite a while who have successfully lost a substantial amount of weight.  I recall going over to Doug's home and celebrating with his wife and family that he had lost 100 pounds.  They had two buckets filled with sand and other items that totaled 100 pounds.  They asked me to lift it to visualize what the amount of weight Doug lost felt like.  They fed us healthy food like shrimp, vegetables, etc. It was truly a happy occasion.

I also watched with trepidation, a lady named Desire.  She lost a substantial amount of weight by eating healthy and running.  She even indicated to me that she was training for a marathon and triathlon.  I was almost jealous, since I used to run track in High School.  Desire became rather slim and muscular, loosing, I guessed, 50 to 75 pounds.  This too was a happy occasion.

Lastly, I watched another friend, Chancy, loose a massive amount of weight.  He used a "fad" diet, but hey, it worked for him.  Over time, Chancy lost quite a lot of weight and looked amazingly fit.  He celebrated with renewed energy and excitement.

Now, roughly a year later, Doug, Desire, and Chancy are in a contest to see who can gain all their original weight back again.  I'll have to announce a winner soon.

Later,
Bill

No comments: