Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's with Bill Freeton?

Back in the day, my High School had, and still has, an FM Radio Station.  KOHS, 91.7FM.  Educational radio at its best...  I have always had a keen interest in electronics and electricity.  As a result, I joined the engineering team for KOHS in my sophomore year.  Loved it!  When my Senior year rolled around, I decided to enter the delicate conundrum of DJing.  I had an early morning radio show, 6am to 7am.  "Good morning OHS!  Let's get down to some Earth, Wind, and Fire..."  I needed a name, so Bill Freeton was born. Why Bill Freeton, it was weird, it just popped into my head.

I actually made a demo tape, a reel to reel, and took it to a local radio station.  Needless to say, my future was not in DJing.


I remember one time when a good friend and I messed with the sound of the radio station.  We made it so our voices were very low and powerful.  We sounded great!  Totally screwed the music...


Till next time,


Bill

No comments: